Search

Content

Friday, September 23, 2011

Flamenco

I can say now that there is nothing like the flamenco in Andalucía. Wednesday night consisted of tapas (bigger plates = raciones) at our CIEE guide's favorite bar Coloniales and... Flamenco! La Casa de la Memoria had a small stage surrounded by candles and only two rows of chairs. Needless to say, it was an intimate setting.


Once the spanish guitarist and singer began the performance, we were immediately drawn in. Completely enthralled. Then the dancer came out in full flamenco attire and a face full of concentration. Her dance moves were like nothing I had seen before- or maybe I had just never been close enough to see them!


I'll admit, the day was a long one. The guitarist's solo was beautiful, verging on a lullaby. All I needed was a blanket.

Flamenco is a must when visiting Andalucía- a hint for people to visit me, perhaps?

2 comments:

Misti says:
at: September 24, 2011 at 5:24 AM said...

I'm coming to visit! Love & miss you.

Katherine Anne says:
at: September 27, 2011 at 4:35 PM said...

I can't wait! Love you and of course I miss you too. Skype soon: katemartian.

Post a Comment

Search

Followers